India's Permanent Account Number would look like XYZPK8200S. Total of 10 digits/characters with below logic:
- First three characters i.e. "XYZ" in the above PAN are alphabetic series running from AAA to ZZZ.
- Fourth character i.e. "P" stands for Individual status of applicant.
- Fifth character i.e. "K" in the above PAN represents first character of the PAN holder's last name/surname.
- Next four characters i.e. "8200" in the above PAN are sequential number running from 0001 to 9999.
- Last character i.e. "S" in the above PAN is an alphabetic check digit.